ETIM-Mapper is a web application conceived to support the product classification according to the ETIM standard. It has a number of mechanisms to facilitate the classification tasks (eg. the mechanism of suggestions) that require deliberate approval of the user. Approved elements can be the basis for automatic classification/mapping for other products.
Product classification in ETIM-Mapper
ETIM-Mapper allows you to assign each product to the appropriate ETIM class. It can be done on the base of the knowledge of the person performing the classification. However, it is extremely difficult, as it requires full knowledge of the product and the good knowledge of all classes of ETIM. In practice, classification is performed most often on the basis of the file containing the list of products of the company. These files usually contains values of some basic parameters that must be assigned to the appropriate parameters required by the ETIM standard.
ETIM-Mapper application allows to reuse the imported information about products by mapping or transforming it to a format compatible with the ETIM. The imported information can be completed by additional data entered by the user. It is also possible to enter a specific parameters of the manufacturer, not included in ETIM standard.
On the basis of imported information from a file the application suggests appropriate classes and assignment of the relevant parameters. The application has built-in self-learning mechanisms (suggestions of appropriate parameters are based on previously mapped products).
The ETIM-Mapper software has an intuitive and clear interface. It is accessed by users via a web browser and it is not required to download, install or update any software on user’s computer.
Key features of ETIM-Mapper
- conform to the ETIM version 7 (with the possibility to export in version 6) and to the International Guidelines BMEcat ETIM v. 4.0
- import of product information from BMEcat ETIM files (versions: 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 3.1 and 4.0)
- import of product information from Excel files
- multilingual product description
- completeness indicator of the product description
- multiple products modification possibility
- consistency check with the standard ETIM
- reference photos for ETIM classes
- handling of general, order, price, packaging and multimedia product information, conform to BMEcat ETIM v. 4.0
- handling of product images (customized disk space)
- multiple product prices, packaging and labels
- advanced product filtering (including the use of labels and dates)
- export of product information to BMEcat ETIM (v. 3.1 or 4.0)
- export of product information to Excel files
- possibility to filter products to be included to the export file
- generation of product cards in PDF
- multilingual interface
- products migration assistant in the case of new version of the standard ETIM
- access to API (communication between ETIM-Mapper and external systems)
- on-line access through a web-browser (no software installation required)
- multi-user access (customized number of user accounts)
Bożena Rożenek, Zbigniew Rożenek
91-612 Lodz, Poland
+48 512 555 879
+48 42 209 14 39
+48 42 633 29 46
Some of our customers